Thursday, January 29, 2009

Understand me a little better

If you read this blog, you know I'm a Pittsburgh Steelers fan. I became a fan in part because I was born into it and watched my father root for the team. But even though I also embraced the Chicago Bears during my years living in the Chicago suburbs, I remained a citizen of Steeler Nation.

With Super Bowl XLIII on the horizon, more focus is on the Steeler Nation. ESPN.com has stories on the "Steeler bars" around the world as well as the origin of the Terrible Towel. The video interview with towel creator Myron Cope is classic, by the way.

Full disclosure: Fort Wayne has four Steeler bars, including Wrigley Field Bar & Grill. And I do have a Terrible Towel, pictured here. It was a gift from my grandfather, who was as loyal a fan as they come.

Three more days ...

No comments: