Saturday, November 17, 2007

Another alma mater has a big game

My beloved high school, Carmel High School in Mundelein, Ill., has another chance to get to the Illinois state football finals tonight. They play Lake Zurich High School at 7 p.m. in Mundelein. Ironically, I would have gone to LZ if I didn't go to Carmel. My family lives in the Lake Zurich district and I went to Lake Zurich Junior High School.

Carmel is 11-2 and coming off a quarterfinal shut-out of De La Salle. It is the third semi-final appearance for the Corsairs. Carmel is 1-1 in those games. The win came in 2003, when Carmel won its first football state championship.

Good luck tonight Coach Bitto. A win and Carmel plays for the 7A state championship at the University of Illinois' Memorial Stadium in Champaign, Ill.

No comments: