Friday, September 5, 2008

Are you ready for some football?

The NFL season gets underway for almost everyone on Sunday, including the Steelers and Bears.

The Steelers play the Houston Texans here.

I like the Steelers in this game. They are a 6 1/2-point favorite and I think the Texans just don't have enough defense or offense to stay in this one. I also have fantasy issues, as Willie Parker is one of my starting running backs. So I'm hoping the Steelers run the ball a lot.

The Bears on the other hand, visit the Colts in the first game at Lucas Oil Stadium. As much as I would like to see the Bears take care of business, I suspect the Colts will tear the Bears a new one. The line is 9 1/2 in favor of the Colts, and I have to think Peyton Manning (my fantasy QB), Joseph Addai (my other fantasy RB) and Marvin Harrison (my fantasy receiver) will have a good day.

No comments: