Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Steelers are on the clock

And the pick is ... Rashard Mendenhall. This is kind of a surprising pick for me. The Steelers have Willie Parker and Najeh Davenport. Parker is the speed guy. They need a bruiser back and I didn't think that was Mendenhall. The NFL.com bio (linked above) says he is a physical runner that does well between the tackles. So maybe I'm wrong.

If the Steelers were going to draft a running back, they needed to get a straight-ahead type of back, one who is going to get the tough yard on 3rd and one.

The prediction here was offensive line, but most of the good linemen were gone. My only guess is Mendenhall was the best player left and they couldn't pass him up. He was predicted to go a lot higher.

1 comment:

T.J. Brown said...

Mendenhall's a great pick for them, only because I think he was the best player on the board for a couple of picks. I like the Bears pick (Chris Williams), but Mendenhall to me looks like the type of back you get once in a generation.